Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I need to get my fucking ass in gear.

I can be the world's biggest procrastinator, but now that I am pregnant, I am just plain freaking lazy.

Organization is the key to any task, and I am not organized. I mean, I think about it, I dream about it, sometimes I even lie awake at night contemplating how to get organized, but the reality remains... I need to get organized.

Ava starts summer day camp next week. And after 4 weeks of that, my little girl, will be 2.75 years old and will be starting pre-school. PRE-SCHOOL.

I wouldn't put her in school if she wasn't ready. But this amazing little person is totally and completely ready. She has an imagination that puts mine to shame. She can identify her own name. She knows so many nursery rhymes and has memorized most of her books. And their not easy books either. But by far, the biggest sign she is ready? She's the kindest friend, completely socialized and knows that 'sharing is caring'. I know that when we drop her off her first day of pre-school, she will give me a hug, a kiss, say "I love you mommy" and promptly say good-bye. The only tears to be shed will be my own.

I vow, that by the day she starts pre-school, I will be utterly and completely organized.

Today is Day 1 of Week 1. Planning the weeks. Meals, groceries, what food we have, trips and events. Chores, etc. The planning begins today.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

good luck with that! Ethan starts school in September. Here they start school at 3 (at 2 if you will turn 3 that year) and Ive never been one of those moms who got sad about milestones, but still... there's just something sad about seeing your baby walk into his classroom.