Friday, September 05, 2008

23 Weeks Pregnant

The time from now until the end is going to drag slow, slow, slow.

The baby is moving a lot, and remind me that 'hey, I'm here!!!' I'm still super exhausted most of the time, but brushing my teeth is no longer a chore that I dread.

Ava started her first week of daycare and pre-school. Unlike many children that might feel a token or more of apprehension, my daughter go out of the car, yelled 'bye mom' and peeled away from me. I had to chase after her and remind her that I was coming too! The instructor was very impressed by Ava's independence. She was quick to befriend children, shared and talked about sharing and remembered to put away her toys. It was a joy to watch, as well as a little saddening for mommy. My little girl is growing up so much. She can hold a full conversation with me, talking about what she did today. I am truly amazed. And... because she has my empathy, she said to me 'don't worry mommy, I'll be back. I'll always come back to you.' And when I left, she said 'okay, bye mom, you pick me up later, okay?' She loves school, and she never even wants to come home.

I started selling jewellery part time to help supplement my income while I'm on Maternity leave. I think I sell WAY more to myself and it is actually a lot of fun. My new order with savorski crystal chandalier earrings came in today with a matching black hematite square bracelet and I am giddy, giddy, giddy! I'm having my first jewellery party tonght too, so hopefully things go well. When I sell pieces, it is always incentive to replenish and of course, reward myself! Jewellery is one of those things that are very very frivilous, thus making them very very smile inducing.

I had a bad week, but I'm happy with my life. I feel that... all of it is working in a balance that I am not yet capable of understanding, but fully able to reach out and behold. I am blessed in so many ways, and am so so so very lucky to be able to share it with a tiny little two year old who knows more about me, than I sometimes know about myself.

No comments: